Friday, June 08, 2007

Tough Interview Question #9: Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?

This question is a variation on the question, "Why Should I hire you, but with a twist. The twist is thath they are including their existing staff in the comparison. This requires a slightly different answer.

"I like the fact that you consider internal candidates for this position. That lets me know that there is advancement potential for me should you ask me to join.

"At the same time, I assume your goal is to hire the best qualified individual for this job and not just the best person who you already know. If you do not judge me to be better than your internal choices, by all means, you should promote them.

"But, if doubt exists, or if you determine that I am better suited for this job, then you and your firm are best served by hiring me.


Jeff Altman 
The Big Game Hunter
www.TheBigGameHunter.us
JeffAltman@TheBigGameHunter.us

© 2007 all rights reserved.



No comments: