Friday, October 26, 2007

Tough Interview Question #21: Would You Take Less (Less than What You Were Earning or Looking for)?

The answers to this question is simple:

Yes. (Why) The position affords me an opportunity to do some things I'm really interested in doing.

No (Why) I want to join an organization that properly values staff to the market. Looking at some of the online research available, this position could pay anywhere between x and y (quote their own salary range from their job description or the salary range from a number of similar positions you've seen online).

I have been earning at midpoint of the range for more than a year; I don't believe it is worthwhile to bring me in at less than midpoint. I think it sends a bad message to members of staff . Frankly, you would be saving z dollars per week and leaving me tempted.


Jeff Altman 
The Big Game Hunter
www.TheBigGameHunter.us
JeffAltman@TheBigGameHunter.us


© 2007 all rights reserved.

No comments: