Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tough Interview Question #24: What Would Your Co-Workers Say About You?

This is only a tough question if you aren't prepared for it; otherwise it is extremely easy.

Without preparedness, sometimes people reveal things about themselves including that they have never gotten any feedback from their colleagues because their work is considered unimportant.

However, the best way to answer is to offer "references" (these are almost like references) rthat speak to some of the problems they have in the department or in the company that they are trying to hire you to solve.

So, pause for a second and think and then answer.

"Well, a peer of mine in the department by the name of _____ has told me on several occasions how much I helped her (or him) with their work. "

"Another person, spoke of how I helped keep us on task without being bullying like a former manager he had did."

My boss has always told me that she gives me the impossible things to do because I make them possible and report to her every step of the way on my progress. "

"Of the managers in a department I support has always told me how reliable I am."

"My manager always tells me that I make him look good."

Answers like these are like the person providing a reference for you.


Jeff Altman 
The Big Game Hunter
www.TheBigGameHunter.us
JeffAltman@TheBigGameHunter.us

© 2007 all rights reserved.

No comments: